Nothing gives you a comforting sense of home while on vacation than actually renting a home. Hotels have their place, but when staying in one location for a week or more,with a group our size, I much prefer an apartment or house. I have also learned that when visiting a new country or big region, I am not a fan of having to be on the go all the time and trying to take in ever sight possible. I prefer to slow things down, watch the people and try to experience life the way they do. This can mean something as simple as shopping at the local supermarkets. Simple little differences can be very interesting. For example, at the "Sobey's" type supermarkets, when you buy produce that needs to be weighed, you have to weight it yourself with a scale that spits out a sticker price that you put on the bag. This way the teller, who is so busy working with actual cash, doesn't have the extra work of weighing your bananas.
 |
| Home cooked Steak Florentine at the Apartment |
 |
| Having breakfast in our room with fresco-ed walls from the 1600s |
On Monday morning, Craig and I did the 10 km run that Ann and I did previously, except that we did not get lost this time and came back over the Ponta Vecchio as planned. Later that afternoon we all went to the Galileo Galilee Museum along the Arno River and then we had lunch at the Mercado Centrale. That day, I was smart enough to make diner reservations and we spent a wonderful evening at The Ristorante del Fagioli. Craig and I shared a big 1.2 Kg Steak Florentine. It was fantastic and I can finally check that one off of my list.
No comments:
Post a Comment