Sunday, February 15, 2015
Famiglia
I was awake between 3 and 5 am but managed to go back to bed and not get up until 8:30. I'm finally getting adjusted to the time change. We chose to stay close to the apartment this morning since we were expecting Craig and Jenna to arrive in the early afternoon. It was raining quite a bit this morning and so it was just as well that we didn't have any big excursions planned. I suggested that the kids should take a cab to our square but Jenna convinced Craig to take the bus to save some cash. Its a good thing they packed light because they got off the bus at the train station and had about a 40 minute walk after that. I went outside with my umbrella and hung out on the piazza for what seemed like a very long time, watching every cab go by, expecting to see their familiar faces. I had almost given up on them when I spotted Craig's bright orange coat and his huge mustache with Jenna in tow, walking across the piazza.
Craig went for a nap while the girls and I went out for a walk to show Jenna the neighborhood. We bought some gelato right on the Ponto Vecchio and then made our way to the Duomo. We didn't climb to the top of the dome today but we did go inside the church to have a look at the dome from that angle. Its very impressive.
The new comers said they were too tired to go out for supper and so Ann and I picked up a few things at the supermarket and ate in tonight. Everyone but Jenna that is. She is out for the count. Its nice to have everyone under one roof again. I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment